About Family Promise of the Palouse
Family Promise of the Palouse (FPP) is a nonprofit organization located in Moscow, Idaho to help serve homeless children and their families in the Pullman and Moscow communities by utilizing a network of local interfaith congregations. It is one of the 184 affiliates of the national Family Promise organization, which has been successful for more than twenty-five years and has served over 400,000 people—mostly children. Our mission is to end homelessness on the Palouse - one family at a time.
The Program Assistant is an exciting and immersive position, working directly with homeless families served by Family Promise of the Palouse (FPP). A passion for helping, flexibility and attention to detail is needed in a successful candidate.
The position is non-exempt, hourly, and part-time with no benefits. Program Assistant reports to the Executive Director. Pay is a minimum of $10/hour or commensurate to experience. A successful candidate will have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. A drug test and background check are mandatory. FPP reserves the right to require random drug tests at any time during employment.
· Transport guests between host sites (hotel) and the Day Center
· Support Guest families in all interactions
· Ensure the vehicle is adequately fueled and maintained/report any concerns
· Document travel
· Help with general cleanup and maintenance at the Day Center
· Assist with Day Center Operations
- Sanitation protocols of Day Center
- Walk-in and phone assistance
- Guest support
- Basic computer skills for data entry and filing
- Cleaning and handling donations
· Comply with all policies and procedures of Family Promise of the Palouse
· Use good judgment in support of guest families
· Other duties as assigned
- Must be 21 years of age, with a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Ability to use discretion and properly handle confidential information.
- Must be dependable, able to work independently and be flexible.
The Program Assistant will work alternating schedules with another Program Assistant. The two will work a combined schedule of 11:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 5:15-6:15 on weekends. More hours may be available as there is demand.
COVID 19 Response
This position requires in-person contact with guest families and staff. Mask wearing is mandatory for all our staff and guests. Family Promise of the Palouse complies with CDC safety guidelines and sanitation practices.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
To keep our staff safe we provide masks, gloves, and cleaning supplies. We also will be installing protective barriers in the vehicles for family transport.
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
The position is open until filled. Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Janine Rivera via email or to 510 W Palouse River Dr. Floor 2, Moscow, ID 83843. You can also follow the link to our Indeed listing to apply: https://www.indeed.com/job/program-assistant-81db77d11c96d1e9
For more information about Family Promise of the Palouse visit familypromisepalouse.org
Please message Abby or call us with any questions!
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.